Greeley Hill Baptist Church
About Our Church
About Our Church
Greeley Hill Baptist Church at 10241 Holtzel Rd., in the Greeley Hill area of Coulterville, California, is an independent, fundamental Baptist church. We use the King James Version exclusively in all our services. Our goal is not only to grow the numbers of our church membership, but to increase the number of people we are helping.
We want to strengthen our community spiritually. This is why we hold and support different outreach programs. From reaching out to alcohol and substance abusers, to providing food to the public, we make sure that our activities are not limited to the church services.
What We Believe
What We Believe
This is a condensed version of our Statement of Faith. You are welcome to contact us for the full version.
1. We believe that the King James Bible is the inspired, infallible, inerrant Word of God. 2Timothy 3:16-17.
2. We believe in one triune God, eternally existing in three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; each co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, and co-equal in power and glory. Matthew 28:19; that He created the universe in six literal 24-hour days. We reject all other theories of origin. Genesis 1-2.
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, and accomplished our redemption through his substitutionary death on the cross, and that He was resurrected from the grave, and now sits at the right hand of God the Father, expecting His soon return. Luke 1:35; Galatians 4:4-5; Acts 1:9-10, and many other Scriptures.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Person wo convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and that He is the supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them until the day of redemption. John 16:8-11, Romans 8:9, etc. The Holy Spirit fills us, teaches us, and equips us for service. 1John 2:20,27; Romans 12:3-8. We believe that the Holy Spirit gave "sign gifts" to the early church that were temporary, and not needed now that the Word of God is complete. 1Corinthians 13:10.
5. We believe that by birth and choice man is utterly sinful, and unable to save himself from his sin. Romans 3:22-23. Salvation, then, is not by our works, but is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8-9. Salvation comes to the individual when he repents of his sin and puts his faith in Jesus Christ to save him, and asks Christ to be his savior. Romans 10:9-10.
6. We believe in the eternal security of the believer, and in assurance of salvation. John 6:37-40.
7. We believe that the local church is the body and bride of Christ. It is made up of born-again persons, it is free of any external ecclesiastical or political control, and exercises the Scriptural ordinances of water baptism and the Lord's supper. Ephesians 1:22-23, 5:25-27; Matthew 28:19-20, etc.
8. We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord. God commands His people to be separate from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful pleasures, practices and associations, and to refrain from all immodest appearances. Romans 12:1-2; 1Corinthians 6:19-20; 1John 2:15-17, etc.
9. We believe in the immanent return of Christ for his people. 1Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 3:10. We believe that seven years later, after the Tribulation, He will return visibly, with His saints, to establish His earthly messianic kingdom which was promised to the nation of Israel, and will last a thousand years. Daniel 2:31-45; Revelation 20:1-6.
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men. Revelation 20:5-6. The souls of the redeemed are, at death, absent from the body and present with the Lord, where in conscious bliss, they await the resurrection. 1Thessalonians 4: 16-17; Revelation 20:4-6. The souls of the unbelievers remain, after death, in constant punishment until the Great White Throne judgment, when their souls will be reunited with their bodies, and they shall be cast into the Lake of Fire, to suffer everlasting, conscious torment, together with Satan and his angels. Revelation 20:10-15.
11. We believe in soul-winning. Proverbs 11:30; Daniel 12:3; Psalm 126:5; Matthew 28:18-20.